Monday, March 23, 2009

Labor Music

I am trying to put together a list of music to listen to wile laboring. I think when I am to the point of pushing, I may just want peace and quiet, but for at least a few hours, I think it will be nice and help the time pass. We will probably also do some of our favorite movies to help time pass since that is such a vital part of our relationship and how we began to be friends and eventually date.

When I was teaching- especially during summer program when I would have my K-5th graders all day and we were hot and tired, and I would be stressed, I started the practice of putting in an upbeat song and grabbing some of the kids to dance, just to relieve the stress of the day. Hopefully it will have a similar effect on me during this time of stress.

So far my musical choices are,
  • Nichole Nordeman
  • Caedmon's Call
  • The Sundays
  • Ladysmith Black Mambazo (some "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes" is in order.)
  • Eva Cassidy
  • Bob Marley
  • some classical
  • "Streams" this very calm Irish CD I have

Anyone have any further thoughts on musical choices that will induce Noah to dance his way out of me?

I will probably get more response to this from Facebook than here, but I love the feature of writing in one location and automatically having the note imported there. I always forgot to mention something or post something in one location or another before I did it this way.

0 comments:

Grab My Button!


Follow Me on Pinterest
homemade crafts
5 a day books
History Channel 120x90
The Peaceful Mom
Save up to 70% on Textbook Rentals, plus Free Return Shipping at BarnesandNoble.com!
Mygrafico Digital Arts & Crafts
All text and images copyright carrie weston. 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive